We are seeking an Archives Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will join a team which consists of an Archive Manager, Archivist and 2 Assistants.
Anticipated Start Date: May 2023
Duration of the role: Up to 12 months (to cover maternity leave).
Principal duties are:
- Implement operational aspects of hardcopy records management: file registration, cancellation; transfer; and disposal within defined parameters.
- Provide support with regard to file collection, delivery, and retrieval.
- Metadata population of the records management (O’Neil RSQL) database ensuring correct metadata is available, full audit trail and an inventory of registered files maintained.
- Assist in delivering staff training on the O’Neil system to new staff liaisons.
- Provide help desk/customer support services by managing and responding to internal staff requirements and requests in order to ensure a consistent, high level of customer support across the core hours of 09:00 to 17:00.
- Responsibility for the management, registration and monitoring of researchers, working closely with the Archivist in order to provide consistency of approach.
- Deliver a high-quality external customer experience in the Archive Reading Room.
- Maintain a register of ongoing cataloguing for the Archivist and recall/return files as needed.
- Perform basic conservation of files to assist the Archivist.
- Assist the Archivist with displays of archival material including selection, layout, and tour presentation where necessary.
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to regular reports, reviews and updates.
This is a para-professional role. There is no specific requirement to hold a recognised qualification, but the role may be of interest to newly-qualified information professionals who wish to build their experience of records management in a digital environment. Candidates who plan to pursue a professional qualification in the future may also be interested in this role.
Applications in the form of a cover letter and up-to-date CV should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17.00 on Friday 14th April 2023.