Freedom of Information Act TrainingOur Experts Provide Basic & Advanced Training
Arcline is now providing updated FOI Training, in light of the changes introduced by the new 2014 legislation. With over 70 additional public bodies now covered by FOI, the need for comprehensive awareness training has never been more important.
Public bodies can access our FOI training services via the Framework established by the Central Policy Unit of the Department of Public Expenditure and Reform.
We have teamed with All One Corporate Solutions to offer both Basic and Advanced training options, covering everything from the basic principles of FOI to detailed advice on exemptions, appeals and the decision-making process.
Our FOI trainers are experienced in all aspects of FOI and records management, having worked with large public sector bodies in a variety of contexts over several years:
- Sinead Byrne of All One Corporate Solutions has an intimate knowledge of FOI through her role in the Health Service Executive, where she has provided training and liaised with the Office of the Information Commissioner over the last twelve years.
- Brendan Murphy is a former FOI decision maker and trainer in the Health Service Executive, and has advised widely on FOI implementation and records mangement.
- Mark Farrell, founder and director of Arcline, is one of Ireland’s most experienced records managers and has extensive experience in providing training and advice on FOI, Data Protection and records management issues.
We continue to offer other training courses, providing the only comprehensive source for your records management training needs.
Our presentations and workshops cover all aspects of records management, from introductory courses on the main features and objectives of records management to specialised courses on particular elements of records management programmes.
Our own trainers are Ireland’s most experienced records managers. They are joined by a series of guest speakers, who are uniquely placed to provide delegates with the benefit of their experience and expertise.
Choose from one of our open events or work with us to design a tailor-made package, specific to your particular requirements.
Our most popular open events include:
- Introduction to Records Management for Managers and Decision-Makers
- ISO 15489: Design and Implementation of Recordkeeping Systems (Workshop)
- Data Protection: legalities and practical solutions
Customised training courses tailored to your specific requirements are available on request.
Contact us to discuss your specific requirements and allow us to design and deliver training tailored specially for your staff.